Mirror Lake Annual Title 1 School Parent Survey 2012-2013
We are conducting a survey, which was designed to help our school parent involvement team find out how well we are working with parents so that we can improve our parent involvement program. Please answer each question honestly. We appreciate your feedback. Please click here to take our survey.
The NED Show
Two student success stories from Mirror Lake Elementary are currently being featured on The NED Show website. Check out these awesome videos!
It's Flu Season!!!
The peak of cold and flu season is upon us. To prevent widespread flu in the school, we recommend that your child stay home if experiencing flu or cold symptoms. To decide whether or not to send your child to school, please read the guidelines in the attachment.
Child Abuse, Abandonment, and Neglect
To learn more about the signs of child abuse, abandonment, and/or neglect, please click here. According to the Florida Department of Education, "Anyone who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is abused, abandoned, or neglected must report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline." Click here for more information.
Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning
In accordance with 1002.3105 of the Florida Statutes, all Broward County Public Schools must provide educational options that provide academically challenging curriculum or accelerated instruction to all eligible K-12 students and inform parents and students of these options. As defined by this legislation; Academically Challenging Curriculum to Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options must include:
· whole grade and mid-year promotion
· subject matter acceleration
· virtual instruction in higher level grade subjects
· a high school Credit Acceleration Program (CAP) via End of Course Exams (EOC)
In addition, each school, at the principal’s discretion, may offer additional acceleration options designed to meet the unique needs of their student population.
ACCEL options offered at Mirror Lake Elementary (MLE)
Academically Challenging Curriculum Enhance Learning (ACCEL) options offered at Mirror Lake Elementary (MLE) have established the following criteria:
1. Students who meet criteria for promotion based on Policy 6000.1 is given the opportunity to participate in
Virtual School in the subject area(s) that are currently offered while attending MLE.
2. Students that have been identified as Gifted using the district criteria and/or work beyond grade expectations by a minimum of at least one year, and have the social/emotional development necessary to be successful, will be placed in a higher grade level in the subject area(s) that meet the criteria for promotion based on Policy 6000.1.
Click here, to see that Mirror Lake is in compliance with P.L. 107-110, Section 119(i) regarding qualifications for teachers and paraprofessionals.